Monday, July 25, 2011

I WANT MY COTY MUSK OIL BACK!!!!!!!!

Over the years if I wanted to buy Coty Wild Musk Oil, all I had to do was to go to my local drugstore and buy a bottle.  Then the only thing the drugstore started carrying was the cologne spray so I started buying my oil online.  Over the last year I noticed that I couldn't always find the oil online so I finally emailed Coty and asked if it were possible to buy my oil directly from them.  I got a response but it wasn't the one that I wanted.  They said that they were discontinueing the oil.  I was extremely upset. How thoughtless of a company to have a perfume line that has been in existence since the 70s for Pete's sake and still has a customer base! I emailed back and told them that it was unfortunate in this day and age, they couldn't have put a little bit of effort on the internet to see if there was still a call for the Wild Musk Oil. Every time I go online to see if I can find it, I see tons of posts from women like myself who are looking for the oil. I thought maybe if enough people emailed Coty, they'd finally see just how dumb the idea was to discontinue.  The great thing about this oil is that it isn't like every other stinky sweet-smelling perfume that they have on the market.. (you know the ones, you walk into a department store and almost throw up from the sweet overbearing smell).  If I had a dollar for every compliment that I received from total strangers, I could buy my own lab and make it myself! I have never written a blog in my life and I have no idea if anyone will ever read this. I can hear it now, "Don't you have anything better to do?"  But I'm almost out of the last of my (most likely counterfit) oil and I can't for the life of me think of anything I'd want to buy. The cologne spray is just not the oil and it doesn't even smell as good.  If you do read this and would like to start a campaign, please email Coty and see if we can make a difference! The address is listed below and if you go to Coty.com, you can click on Contact Us, fill out a short form and email them directly.  They do get back to you.  If you wanted to write or call the information is below:     
Coty Inc.
Headquarters
Two Park Avenue
New York, NY
10016
USA
Main Telephone: 212 479 4300
Main Fax: 212 479 4383

Thank you!!
                                     

17 comments:

  1. Why do you say that your oil is "most likely counterfeit?"
    You think there are fakes? Where did you buy this fake from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coty discontinued it years ago. Anybody that advertises that they have it is obviously selling a fake product

      Delete
  2. you aren't alone. I've used the Coty WMO since it first came out. I think it was around $4 a bottle at that time. You're absolutely correct, the spray doesn't hold a candle to the oil. I paid dearly for my last bottle (on ebay) and am nursing that along because I simply cannot afford to pay $100 for a bottle of perfume. I have contacted Coty in the past and will do so again. They cannot claim there is no longer a market for this product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! But it's probably not real. If they're going to make the cologne, they could just as well make the oil without all of that alcohol in it. I guess they make more money with a watered down version!

      Delete
  3. I am so sad now. I have one full bottle left and came on the internet to search for some backups because I always bought about a half dozen at a time and in my search I found out it's discontinued.

    This has been my signature scent from the mid 70's and now I'm fearful of what I am going to use when this runs out. I would even scent my room with it adding a few drops to a light bulb. So many know me by this scent ! How could coty discontinue this gem of an oil !

    I did go to their website and placed a formal plea for them to bring back our beloved musk oil. I hope someone listens !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judi I did the same. Nothing... I like Pure Grace, I forget who makes it, but it's nothing like Coty. And like you, I wore it always and got more compliments on it. I've never gotten compliments on anything else I've worn. It really sucks.

      Delete
  4. You are not alone! I'm an Aussie, and it is almost impossible to buy this perfume in Australia. I have loved it since I was a teenager in 1973 when it was released. I managed to buy some in America when I was on holiday. I must now trawl the internet looking for the genuine article at a reasonable price and postage. I hope Coty reconsider their discontinuation of the oil. Jill from Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even see any of these posts, I apologize for being almost a year behind!! I wish they'd bring it back. I have never found anything that smelled so good. For all of the posts out there that complain about it's being discontinued, you'd think they'd see the complaints and reconsider.

      Delete
  5. Coty has probably discontinued the oil because certain older synthetic musks have been banned by IFRA(?) or deemed environmentally hazardous in large quantities. Xylene, a synthetic musk, has gone out of favor & was probably used by Coty. A small change to a fragrance formula can change the overall product in unwanted ways. Coty probably cut their losses & started using newer, eco-friendly synthetic musks in their cologne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish they would bring the wild musk dusting powder back! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd settle for anything that was the good smell it used to have.

      Delete
  7. I have no idea whether it's authentic or not, but now if you search ebay for it there are sellers from brazil who claim to have he real deal and charge about $20 for it. The listing i was looking at said they still have it in their drugstores for cheap. I may just try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carly, Since they're not making it anymore, it's probably just an imitation. But, if you buy some and it's oil and it's good, let me know?

      Delete
    2. I've got no loyalty to Coty because it's apparent they had no loyalty to us. Thanks!!

      Delete
  8. Quite some time ago, bought some of what is currently available on ebay as "Coty Wild Musk Oil"--one package came from i think Brazil and the other from either Peru or Colombia. It truly does smell like the original, but has no strength. Even when you first put it on you can barely smell it, and it fades fast. I have wondered whether the original didn't depend on some animal--one that is now endangered or protected? Why else would a fragrace company say "no" to such a large group of consumers?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved it. I grew up using my mom's and used it all my adult life. So sad that it's gone and pathetic that they discontinued it.

    ReplyDelete